Friday, January 21, 2011

Evangelion 2.0 You Can (not) Advance (Review in Two Paragraphs)


I had the honor to attend the premiere of Evangelion 2.0 with my friend. Since through a website called the Anime News Network, we had won tickets to attend the screening. Being the typical Si-Fi anime complete with giant robots fighting against evil aliens-We were excitied.
Though I won't lie the movie did have some dissappointments.
Character concepts for Evangelion 2.0

Many questions were left unanswered, and new elements were introduced that were....interesting...and questionable. It leaves room for a sequel. LOTS OF ROOM!
Over all the movie was pretty good, but the ending is what threw me off, it was running smoothly but the ending...Was well, Confusing. This movie is coming from a multi billion dollar franchisee so Its not surprising that the ending would leave room for Evangelion 3.0
The affects are a much improvement from the anime and were pleasing to the eye. Choke full of fan service too and a small "shonen-ali" scene that will keep Those types of Fans happy. I would give this movie 5 beautiful shining stars,but as I said the "Ending" threw me off.
I won't say what it was, because thats no fun now is it?

Exactly!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails